Thursday, May 1, 2008

April wrap-up and May mini-challenge

Hmm, not so bad this month, my lowest spending total so far this year. Here's the breakdown:
Freeplay lantern (to replace my freeplay torch which DD2 broke) - I love this company, its very ethical and supplies its products to poor communities etc etc so I'm happy to pay a bit more to support them. We had a stack of power outages last year and really need a non-battery torch or lantern for when it inevitably happens again. $93.50

Lunch bag $15. DD1 needed a lunch box and it was hellishly difficult trying to find one that wasn't made in China. I thought I'd done well when I ordered a homemade insulated and embroidered lunch bag from ebay, but it arrived with a big made in china tag on it - the bag was made in China with the embroidery done in Aust, so I made it halfway I guess.

Three helebores (flowering plants which I hope stay alive over the next couple of weeks) as mothers day presents $45

Winder pyjamas for DH $45. These were very cool ones from Peter Alexander. Unfortunately I didn't realise til after I got them, that they are made in China. Sigh.

Book called Beers & Cheers (locally printed, about the history of Hobart pubs) $40

Backing for Q3 from an online WAHM shop (made of bamboo, wild nettle and cotton) $53.30

Two headbands and one bow from new WAHM online shop Ribbonista $31. I found out about these from a Nappycino thread. I'm going to try them out on my girls and I'm hoping they will be great birthday presents for 7/8 year old girls, in which case I'll be buying them regularly!

TOTAL ; $322.80

Woohoo!! I think I'm gradually improving. Certainly, the urge to go into town and cruise the shops and buy stuff I don't need has disappeared which is a huge step for me! I've been into town heaps recently and only bought what I originally went in for. Most of my shopping now is done online after lots of research and consideration for what I'm buying so I'm well happy about that.

But a big OOPS for the mini-challenge. I was meant to cull my clothes but it just didn't happen. Time ran away with me - will try it as my May challenge instead....

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Hey CC - I just tagged you :D

Can't wait to see how you go wiht your clothes cull.... ifyou do it !!!

Eilleen said...

CC - glad to see the urge to shop is disappearing. I'm going to google freeplay to see what it is! I'm curious.

Hope all is well with your may challenge!

Tiggerbaby said...

Thanks for the mention in your blog and hope the presents are a big hit again.
Leigh
www.ribbonista.com.au