Wednesday, January 9, 2008

My sister's birthday pressie

Ooh I'm quite proud of myself. My sister's birthday is coming up this weekend so I set about trying to find a present that fits within the Rules. What I ended up buying was a locally handmade necklace from the Female Factory (an old convict women's prison just down the road from our house). They are trying to get money to restore the old sandstone walls and one of the volunteers is also a jeweller and makes necklaces which are sold in a shop onsite, and the profits go towards restoring the prison. Yay!! My daugher was so impressed by the necklace that she wants one for her birthday in March (although she is only 6 years old, so will probably change her mind next week and want a barbie instead)
I hope my sister likes it....

1 comment:

Eilleen said...

oh that sounds so nice! I have to say one of the pleasures of doing this challenge is discovering the local, handmade stuff around the place.