Thursday, January 17, 2008

Shonky Quilts




Okay, now that I've posted about my quilts (and also they've kind of blown my budget a bit for this month) here they are (if I can work out how to attach the piccies). Its a bit hard to see them in the photos - they are about the size of a double bed.

First is Q1 - butterflies and batik. I've got a bit more of quilting to do, then the front panel is finished and I've just got to work out how to extend my length of bamboo, wild nettle and cotton fabric that I bought for the backing (as it isn't wide enough) - I think I'll string some leftover fabric together.

Second is Q2 - cats and lighthouses. I've only just sewn this one together and today the unbleached cotton batting arrived along with the blue ticking I ordered for the back - woohoo!!!

Q3 - Medieval Playing Cards is just a small pile of fabric at the moment, so no piccies.

PS Sorry about the photos being on the side. Each time I tried to rotate them the computer crashed so I gave up.

Keep in mind that these are not proper quilts - I don't own a sewing machine and all I know about quilts I read in a House and Garden magazine I found at my mums (then forgot half of and ignored a lot of the rest of). But I like them and they are making my evenings and downtime very pleasant at the moment.



5 comments:

Theresa said...

WOW they are absolutely gorgeous! Great work CC! I'm super impressed seeing as you have done them all by hand - you are very talented.

History of the Crusades said...

Aw thanks - that's very kind of you!!! They have been really enjoyable to do.

Cinders xo said...

Well done!! They look fabulous!! I showed DH and he is very impressed! He was even more impressed when I told him they are done by hand not machine :)

I can't wai to see the full finished products!!

Eilleen said...

They are absolutely gorgeous! I think they are great and much better than many quilts I see in the shops around here!

I'm glad you are enjoying making them too.

Tanja said...

I just saw that I didn't comment yet. Oops! I've commented in my head, but I guess that isn't so convenient for you to read, eh?
I can't believe you're sewing them by hand - what patience you must have. They look great, I can't wait to see the FOs.